Most of the people use wordpress website for blogging. The owners of wordpress blog very often fall into danger with two things. One is to change the username of wordpress admin. Another is lost password and forget email that used to log in. My today’s post is for them who fall in these problems with wordpress. You have to follow some easy steps to change or reset your wordpress admin username & password.
1) At first, please log in into your cPanel.
2) Search for “phpmyadmin” and open.
3) Select your database from the left side panel. If you can not remember the name of database, you can get your database name from the file manager of cPanel. Then edit the file “wp-config.php” and get a database name.
4) Now select “wp_users” table from left side.
5) Now, you can see the box of username & password. Click “Edit” button to change or reset username & password.
6) Please enter a new username into “user_login” and a new password into “user_pass” box. To enter a new password into “user_pass”, please select MD5 from the left side box. Otherwise it will not work.
|Change username or password|
7) Now, save it by clicking on “Go” button.
That’s all. Now you can log in into your wordpress admin with new username & password.